The deadline is May 31
From UNCF Website:
**Should you be eligible and decide to apply, when setting up your user account, enter the undergraduate institution from which you graduated/will graduate, NOT AN ANTICIPATED LAW SCHOOL. Law school information is requested elsewhere in the application.**
MCCA was founded in 1997 to advance the hiring, retention, and promotion of diverse attorneys in legal departments and the law firms that serve them. MCCA accomplishes its mission through the collection and dissemination of information about diversity in the legal profession.
The MCCA Lloyd M. Johnson, Jr. Scholarship Program provides scholarship support for newly entering first year law students pursuing a Juris Doctor (non-LL.M.) degree. The Scholarship Program will provide scholarships at $10,000 for the first year of law school – additional financial support may be available in years two and three. MCCA intends to foster mentoring opportunities for the selected scholars as well as assist in the placement of the winners in paid summer internship positions with corporate law departments during the summer immediately following successful completion of their first year of law school.
To qualify, applicants must:
- be U.S. citizens and able to show proof of same, if requested
- show proof of his/her acceptance into an ABA-accredited U.S.law school on or before the application deadline (to start in fall 2011)
- have an interest in corporate law, including working in a corporate law department and/or law firm
- have an interest in diversity
- be financially disadvantaged and have completed the FAFSA and provide additional documents as requested
- demonstrate community service and leadership qualities
- have earned an UNDERGRADUATE cumulative G.P.A. of 3.2 or higher
- be enrolled in law school on a FULL-TIME basis in the fall 2012.
Program is OPEN TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS.
All applications must be submitted ONLINE and must include the following materials:
- upload of unofficial undergraduate transcript(s) and graduate transcript(s) as applicable
- upload of one’s resume
- provision of contact information for