From the Automotive Hall of Fame website:
The program has specific scholarships for incoming freshmen and upper-level undergraduate students. All of the scholarships are based on financial needs and with the usual minimum GPA requirement of 3.0.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- Submit a completed application form indicating a sincere interest in an automotive career.
- Provide an official transcript of all academic work.
- Submit two letters of recommendation supporting your automotive interests.
- Submit a letter of acceptance for an associate, bachelor, or masters program.
- Be accepted at an accredited college, university or trade school within the United States at the time of application.
- Students attending a technical training school may also apply (trade school should equal a two-year associate program).
- Student must be a United States citizen or in the United States on a Student Visa.
- Must be enrolled full-time.
- Must have 3.0 GPA or higher.
Interested students can download the application and send to:
Award and Scholarship Programs Automotive Hall of Fame 21400 Oakwood Blvd. Dearborn, MI 48124 313- 240-4000
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments concerning scholarship applications.
Entries must be postmarked between Feb 1 and June 30.
Faxes not accepted.
Those chosen to receive scholarships will be contacted during August.
Scholarship checks are sent to the schools in August and are to be used for tuition and lab fees for that calendar year.
From the UNCF website:
In order to be eligible for your renewal award you must meet the following requirements:
- Remain enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at an HBCU
- Meet your institution’s requirement for satisfactory academic progress
- Continue pursuit of one of the approved majors/fields of study which are listed below:
Accounting Automotive Technology Business Administration Biochemical Engineering Chemical Engineering Civil Engineering Controls Engineering Computer Engineering Electrical Engineering Computer Science Engineering Technology Energy Engineering Environmental Engineering Information Technology Ergonomics Petroleum Engineering Finance Renewable Energy Robotics Engineering Software Engineering Economics International Business Engineering Management Industrial Technology Graphic Design Industrial Desigh Industrial Engineering Industrial Hygiene Labor and Industrial Relations Logistics Management Manufacturing Engineering Manufacturing Management Marketing Mathematics Mechanical Engineering Occupational Health and Safety Operations Management Plastic/Polymers Engineering Product Design Production Management Statistics Supply Chain Management
Posted in accounting, architecture, biomedical engineering, business, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, Computer Information Systems, computer science, design, economics, electrical engineering, Engineering, environmental engineering, finance, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, information technology, Management Information Systems, Manufacturing Engineering, Math, mechanical engineering, motorsports management, occupational safety and health, supply chain management, Systems Engineering